HUNTING DUCK & GOOSE CALL
- The call(s) may be presented in the contest on a presentation stand or box. These stands, boxes, bases will not be judged for quality of craftsmanship and design and may be of commercial nature if desired, as their presence will not influence the judging of the calls.
- You may enter as many calls and as many categories as you wish
- Judges are selected as to their ability to transition from different calling styles. Judges selected can alter calling styles from traditional field calling to main street calling and are capable of using single, double and metal reed calls.
- Calls may be constructed of any material per category guidelines.
- Tips, guards and banding on any part of the call will be considered as standard construction item and their presence on an entry will not affect the entry’s placement into a category.
- An entry may be constructed using one or more styles, materials and techniques.
- Signatures, brands and maker’s marks will not disqualify the entry or influence the judge thereof.
- Calls are to be the product of the person whose name is registered as the call maker.
- Calls may include artwork, checkering, scrimshaw, etc. but will only be judged for sound and functioning criteria.
- Artwork and adornments on working calls may be a collaborated effort by call maker and artist. Call must be registered by the call maker of the call and accompanied by person’s name doing the artwork.
- NEW Amateur call makers will be eligible to compete for the Grand National Hunting Duck & Goose Call Maker of the Year.
- Outstanding Youth Hunting Duck & Goose Call Maker of the Year Award. This award will recognize an outstanding youth call maker 17 years of age or less at the time of the convention. The winner will receive a Youth National Champion medallion with ribbon. In addition, all youth call makers will receive a Youth participant medallion with ribbon for participating. The call maker must indicate when registering if he/she is entering as a youth contestant.
- Amateur Hunting Duck & Goose Call Maker of the Year Award. All call makers who have been awarded Amateur Call Maker of the Year in a particular division will not be eligible to enter as an “Amateur” in that particular division. EXAMPLE: If you have won Amateur Call Maker of the Year in Division 1 – Decorative Turkey Call, you are not eligible to enter in Division 1 as an amateur again. However, you may continue to enter the remaining divisions (Divisions 2, 3 and/ or 4) as an amateur until you reach Amateur Call Maker of the Year in each one of those divisions). This does not eliminate any call maker from entering BOTH the Amateur categories and the other categories. You may enter BOTH the Amateur categories and the other categories.