IMPORTANT! Please read
January 15th, 2021
Thank you to all who have already registered for the NWTF 2021 Grand National Callmaking Competition.
We are pleased to announce that we have enough interest in the competition to say that we WILL be moving
forward with the 2021 contest. A firm date has yet to be determined, but it will likely be closer to June
given the current state of COVID-19. It has been, and will continue to be, our priority to make sure that
the contest can move forward while maintaining the safety of the NWTF staff and the judges who participate in this contest.
The registration deadline for the competition is also being extended beyond the current Jan. 20 deadline. Registration
will remain open until a contest date is determined. We will close registration two weeks before the contest date
and set the deadline to receive calls as 7-14 days later.
We continue to ask competitors not to ship calls to the NWTF at this time. We will notify call makers when and
where registered calls can be shipped. Local check-in of registered calls will still be accepted, but we are
unable to say whether visitors will be allowed inside NWTF headquarters on the day of check-in or during the contest itself.
Once again, thank you to the call makers for making the contest a reality in these trying times, and thank you for all
that you do for the NWTF. We will continue to keep you updated with any new information as we move forward.
Competition Schedule & Dates (2021 Competition)
The NWTF remains dedicated to the artists that make up Custom Call Making Competition year after year. We have had a lot of conversation in
previous months in regards to how we can take the circumstances we have been given surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and turn them into
an opportunity for success. Using use all of our available resource at the NWTF, we feel like we can make the upcoming competition
better than ever before, and shine a spotlight on the competition like we have never done before.
With that said, the contest will look a bit different this year and we understand that some of you will have concerns. We have had a great deal
of success over prior months with our virtual events. By driving traffic to the contest through social media, live Facebook feeds,
Email Blasts and through other means, we can make this event a huge success for all involved.
We recognize the effort from all of the participants designing and creating the calls each year and the time spent on that craftsmanship and artwork
that makes this competition the biggest and best in the Country. It's all of your individual efforts that contribute so much towards the NWTF’s mission. Not just in your donations
to the contest, but also the events you attend, the time you choose to volunteer for your local chapters and the competition itself, as well as the positive words
you share with friends and family about the NWTF and it’s mission. Every little bit helps and we would like to take this opportunity to say “THANK YOU”
from the entire NWTF organization.
There are some changes that should be discussed up front. Here is a list of changes that we feel will be necessary (Note: These could change as we get closer to convention)
- Both the Live and Silent auctions have been moved to a single “Online” auction event with live bidding.
- There will be no “Bid Paddles” sold this year. We understand that some of you collect them year after year, and we apologize in advance for this inconvenience.
- Online auctions and bidding will be live for 2 weeks and will close in accordance with the schedule below.
- Judges will have more time to judge calls this year which will give them a better opportunity to give a fair assessment of the quality of the calls.
- With silent bid sheets being eliminated, online bidders will always have the most up to date information about what a current bid is on a given call.
- Social media will be very active with lots of live streams of judge interviews, walk-throughs, and so much more.
- There will be live support through-out the contest to help answer questions or to view calls when needed to make purchase judgements (We will not be allowed to play air operated calls)
- Championship rings are no longer offered
Let’s all come together and make this a contest to remember!!
The registration deadline has been pushed to an undetermined date in the next few months. Please continue to register calls freely.
The expected date that registrations will close will be determined in the coming months depending on the status of COVID-19.
We WILL be having the contest.